International Versions of Sheets
I am very much interested in making my sheets useful to the international
community, and to that end, encourage visitors to consider helping me
translate my sheets into their native languages. Here are my guidelines
for doing so:
- Understand that my current priority is to translate my D&D sheets
into various languages. I would like to eventually translate other
sheets (Star Wars, Lord
of the Rings, etc.) but keep in mind those will
take a back seat to most D&D sheet translations
I have in progress. If you do a D&D sheet translation, please consider
translating my spellbook sheets at the same time, and be sure to translate all the stuff from the different layers of the 2.3 sheet.
- Likewise, I will give priority to translations with the largest potential
impact; i.e., I'm going to start with languages with large
numbers of speakers when I have several to choose from.
- In return for your help, I will gladly give you credit for the translation.
I'd like to follow up with you if I do later versions of my sheets,
too, but that's up to you.
- I will not send you original files or unlocked PDFs to work with.
Instead, I will ask that you send me a file with all of the terms on
sheet both in English and with the corresponding translation in your
language. Text files are OK, as are Word files or RTF, but HTML is
particularly good if we're likely to run into encoding problems,
since you can specify
the encoding of any web page (Unicode text is best).
- Make sure you not only translate any lists (like skills), but indicate
the normal sort order for your language.
- When you're translating, look at the amount of space I have available,
and note appropriate (and natural) abbreviations for your language.
- When I'm done, I'll send you a draft to look at, or post it to the
site as a preview if I need additional help.
I want to thank everyone for helping me provide this service to the
You can download some preview versions of the sheets I have been working
on thus far:
D&D sheets (unfinished)
I could do just about any major language if people give me the translations
I need: Dutch, Czech, Gaelic, Japanese, Hebrew, Greek, Polish, Arabic,
Icelandic, Serbo-Croatian, Mandarin, Korean, Afrikaans, Turkish...you
name it. Let