ars magica sagas
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, First Edition (TSR)
Nostalgia week continues! After finishing my Non-Player Character Record Replica, I turned my attention to a sheet that really had a big impact on me: another AD&D First Edition sheet from 1986. This was part of the REF2 product. Anyway, you can see its influence on my AD&D 1st Edition Character Sheet 1.0. Again, this sheet is meant to maintain all the...eccentricities of the original, weird spacing and all. Still working on the MU spell planners...but the others are done.
Uh, because I could, I guess. Still, could be useful...
To celebrate my first trip (finally!) to GenCon, here's a recreation of some Old Skool AD&D (1st Edition) magic with "goldenrod" character sheets! Play with the layers to switch classes. I even added some sheets we should have seen - even cavaliers and thief-acrobats are covered! Note that these puposefully maintain the "character" of the originals...crooked lines, cramped type, and all. You'll need Acrobat 6 or later to toggle the layers for the various classes.
For the PDF-layer challenged, I have now added non-layered permutations of the sheets without a background.
Still more recreations of old skool sheets. I took the liberty of adding an optional layer to the Permanent Character Record which has a spot for Armor Class...apparently TSR didn't think to include this on the original sheet! The original product included one four-page character folder (pages 2 and 3 were in blue ink) and many Adventure Records.
Continuing my trek of recreating for posterity all those wonderfully cramped character sheets from the early days of D&D, here's my replica of the one-page Non-Player Character Record Sheet. Use layering options to turn on or off background colors or disable the perforation line from the original.
If you're looking for a clean copy of the original AD&D adventure logs, seek no further...
Another of my old sheets I've dug up. Here's one of my AD&D sheets, version 2.1, this one tuned for Oriental Adventures (1st Edition). I believe this was the first version I did in PageMaker. At least when I made this one in 1991 I had somewhat regular access to laser printers!
For nostalgia's sake, I'm posting the first AD&D (first edition) character sheet I ever made, circa 1989. Before that I was using photocopies of the ones TSR put out. I believe I used MacPaint and SuperPaint on my Mac SE/30 to create a two-page bitmapped sheet. Alas, I don't think I have the original files any more, so this is a scan of an old printout...
This page last modified
Mad Irishman Productions and the Mad Irishman Logo ©1998-2019 by Patrick M. Murphy
Contact the webmaster